Camtest2 cpp project for visual studio???

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:10 PM
Is there any chance to make avaliable a visual studio project for camtest2 c++???, i need to recompile the source, to use it like a start point for my own project. I try to compile it with VS2005 but didn't work, and i tryed to install eVC 4 but doesn't work.

If anybody have a vs2005 sln , please give us a link.
Apr 1, 2008 at 2:46 AM
I would also be interested if anyone has a version of the driver that you can compile in VS2005 with the CE 6.0 tools. I tried the automatic conversion to a VS2005 project from an eVC project, but it still had a number of issues.
May 2, 2008 at 2:35 AM
One of the graduate students here, Josh Beavers, developed a Camtest3 subproject setup for VS 2005 CE 6.0. It is based on the CamTest2 eVC 4 project. He had to do some manual fixes for it to work in VS 2005 CE 6.0. It is setup as an OS build subproject for the eBox 4300. The subproject's sources file has the BSP name in a couple include file paths, so you would need to fix that for any other target. I just tried it on my eBox 4300 with a QuickCam 5000 did a new OS build, downloaded, and it seems to work - but I would still consider it a Beta. It also works on the eBox 2300 when you fix the BSP path in the sources files. The URL below shows all of the subproject files, but there is a CamTest3.zip there, so that you can just download it. He used it as an initial starting point to do image object tracking on an iCreate robot.

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~hamblen/wemap/eBox4300/Subprojects_C_C++/Camtest3/

P.S. Josh would probably clean it up and post it here, but he just graduated this week and is packing up and moving to Florida for a new job!
Jul 28, 2008 at 8:44 AM
I have an eBox2300 and build CE image with CamTest3 but doesn't work. Could you tell me how to fix the BSP path in the sources files?
Jul 28, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Edit the postlink.bat file – it has a series of copy commands and the destination file path changes a bit (in the middle) for each BSP. The 2300 has “Vortex86” or something like that in the path name. You could browse around the files to find it.

The purpose of this file is to copy over the driver files – you could do it by hand, but a batch file is easier.

From: notifications@codeplex.com [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 6:30 AM
To: hamblen@ece.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Camtest2 cpp project for visual studio??? [cewebcam:21735]

I have an eBox2300 and build CE image with CamTest3 but doesn't work. Could you tell me how to fix the BSP path in the sources files?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:04 AM
Inside the postlink.bat file, I only found  the text "@REM Add post-link commands below." and nothing else. How can I do?
Thanks!
Jul 29, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Sounds like you don’t have the subproject that adds the camera drivers – you need it to run an application that uses the camera. That is the postlink.bat file you need to edit.

Check out the section on the camera (Chapter 9) in the free book at http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~hamblen/wemap2/CDROM_IMAGE/  

From: notifications@codeplex.com [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:30 AM

Inside the postlink.bat file, I only found the text "@REM Add post-link commands below." and nothing else. How can I do?
Thanks!

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 14, 2008 at 4:27 AM
I Check out the section on the camera (Chapter 9) in the free book at http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~hamblen/wemap2/CDROM_IMAGE/ . But I found that the postlink.bat file is the same as I got before(nothing inside). Would you mind to send this file to me? Thanks!
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM

OK – will look into it. I wonder if you are looking in the right subproject directory WebCam (the WebCam subproject adds the driver – you need both Camtest3 and WebCam subprojects) since a  couple other students used it here and got it to work, but perhaps something got deleted some strange way.

Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:55 AM

I Check out the section on the camera (Chapter 9) in the free book at http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~hamblen/wemap2/CDROM_IMAGE/ . But I found that the postlink.bat file is the same as I got before(nothing inside). Would you mind to send this file to me? Thanks!