CamTest2 Showing nearly 100% errors

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Hello,

Using CE5. Limited to this based on my requirements. I integrated the DLL and the registry entries into my OS build.

I'm using the debug version of CamTest2.
On load, it says the framerate is 14 fps OR 1000 (or some other high number) FPS. It keeps changing rapidly. The errors are 99% or 100%

EEK! One in a while, I can get it to show me a frame.

Any ideas?
Jan 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Perhaps this is the USB2.0 problem that dboling mentioned on this 100 release. I'm trying the 008 right now.
Jan 31, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2008 at 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZCC0opN3T8
This is a video of the 008 driver under Windows CE 5. Tested with both camera test applications on gotdotnet.
Feb 1, 2008 at 8:25 AM
Edited Feb 1, 2008 at 8:31 AM
Hello Peterfnet,
I have the exactly the same problem as you,
http://www.maoanz.com/maoanz/logitech/badsample/sample.jpg
Once it worked, but in more than 99%, it gives the frames like that.
I enable the debug message in driver, it doesn't show any error.
I enable the debug message in CamTest2, it gives the some errors like
"GetImageInfoFailed,", "GreateNewBitmap failed"
Any idea?

I tested under Windows CE6.0, it's always good, but the frame rate
can never be up to 20, and when I stream the 800x600 frames, the frame rate
is only 5frs/s. I do have a USB2.0.
Does anyone have also the same problem?
Feb 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Hey Moananz,

Glad to see I'm not alone. I did mine @ 15 fps, if I set mine to 5 fps (trying to go easy on it), I actually get no pic. I need to keep mine @ 15 fps. I'm back @ work, so I'll be working on it again, hopefully we all figure something out!
Feb 2, 2008 at 10:59 AM
Edited Feb 2, 2008 at 11:00 AM
For changing the frame rate, you have to click stop streaming at first, and then change the rate. it will begin to stream after changing rate.
What I did also is to add in the function DoCommandImageRate a Sleep(2000), just after stopstreaming, so it can have enough time to do that. no need to stop streaming manually before changing rate, frame size.
Same for DoCommandImageSize

LPARAM DoCommandImageRate (HWND hWnd, WORD idItem, HWND hwndCtl,
WORD wNotifyCode) {

// Stop the current stream
StopStreaming (dwContext);
Sleep(2000); // added to wait 2s

// Get frame index
wInterval = idItem - IDCAMERAIMAGERATE_1;

// Restart the stream
StreamToClientWindow (hWnd);
return 0;
}
Feb 8, 2008 at 8:03 PM
Gotcha, doesn't seem to change my results much. (the starting stopping)

Did slowing that down actually get rid of your garble like we have in our links?
Feb 8, 2008 at 9:51 PM
The stopping starting doesn't get rid of the garble.
but it will solve the problem as you mention before
"Glad to see I'm not alone. I did mine @ 15 fps, if I set mine to 5 fps (trying to go easy on it), I actually get no pic. I need to keep mine @ 15 fps"
So that you can change the frame rate in the menu.
Feb 9, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Ah ok. Well, I am not able to get it down to 5 fps. Always throws 100% errors when I do that. Pretty strange
Feb 9, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Hi, Peterfnet, you can try the webcam driver under Windows CE 6.0. For me it works well under CE6.0. You have to recompile
the lastest source code.
Feb 11, 2008 at 2:58 PM

maoanz wrote:
Hi, Peterfnet, you can try the webcam driver under Windows CE 6.0. For me it works well under CE6.0. You have to recompile
the lastest source code.

Perhaps someday I can try it on CE6, but I am currently limited to CE5.
Feb 21, 2008 at 3:11 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM
On the link below http://www.codeplex.com/cewebcam/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=7751
Mr. Boling mentionned
Limitations:
1. The driver still has problems at USB 2.0 speeds under CE 5. I believe this is a CE 5 problem so I don't think I'll be looking at this problem any more.
I don't know if it's related to the error we have.
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:40 PM

maoanz wrote:
On the link below http://www.codeplex.com/cewebcam/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=7751
Mr. Boling mentionned
Limitations:
1. The driver still has problems at USB 2.0 speeds under CE 5. I believe this is a CE 5 problem so I don't think I'll be looking at this problem any more.
I don't know if it's related to the error we have.

yeah, I brought that up in post 2. I think it could be related to that. I tried using a usb 1.1 hub to slow it down, but CE 5 decided to ignore it.