problem with Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000

Aug 4, 2008 at 10:21 AM
Edited Aug 4, 2008 at 10:52 AM
Hi, i tested the driver using the C# wrapper and the test program CamTest.NET written by Jason Ye: it perfectly worked with the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000. Now i'm trying to do the same thing with a Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 (VID: 0x045e, PID: 0x00f8) webcam, which should comply with the USB Video Class specification.... but it's not working! The test program can communicate with the webcam, cause it gets every supported resolution (in order: 352x288, 800x600, 640x480,320x240, 176x144, 160x120) and even the (only one) fps rate: 15 fps. Its possible to retrieve from the camera the features list with the GetFeatureList(...) method, called during the "init step", but an excpetion is rised when the wrapper trys to call the GetFirstStreamFrame(...) method: i cant have the frame. It looks like the driver can communicate e get data from that webcam... but not the frames! did anyone run into a similar problem with the Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000?

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:48 PM
During last days i tested the driver with CamTest2, the test program written in C++ by Mr. Boling,but I still cannot stream video with the Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000.
I built a debug version of the driver (Webcam.dll) and i've seen that the error number 31 (generic error) is rised everytime the driver calls the function IssueVendorTransfer(...); all that doesn't happen with the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000, that works good. Any idea?!?

Feb 3, 2011 at 4:32 PM
7polo9 wrote:
During last days i tested the driver with CamTest2, the test program written in C++ by Mr. Boling,but I still cannot stream video with the Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000.
I built a debug version of the driver (Webcam.dll) and i've seen that the error number 31 (generic error) is rised everytime the driver calls the function IssueVendorTransfer(...); all that doesn't happen with the Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000, that works good. Any idea?!?

Hi ppl,

Sorry for replying to these two old posts...however, I was wondering did you ever solve this issue with NX-6000 on Windows Embedded CE 6 (or have an idea if this could work on the CTP 2011 January Refresh of CE7)?

Much obliged.