Whether the WebCam.dll is useful for Quickcam for Notebooks Pro on e-box 4300 with wince 6.0?

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:11 PM
Hi, everybody!
Recently, I bought a Quickcam for Notebooks pro, and tried to use it in wince 6.0 on e-box 4300. However, I came to a problem:
I use the WebCam.dll in WebCam_100 bate, but the wince 6.0 can't identify it. No error message pop-up, but Unidentfy Untility MessageBox prompts to let me input driver name repeatly.
So I get confused whether the WebCam.dll is useful for Quickcam for Notebooks Pro.
On the net, people usual use Quickcam 5000 pro successfully. Does it relate to Quickcam for Notebooks pro PID which is not defined in the source code?
How can I install the Quickcam for Notebooks Pro on e-box 4300 with wince 6.0?
Thank you every much.

Apr 24, 2008 at 2:58 AM
You need a registry entry to associate each USB Device VID/PID with the driver. These numbers are listed in another post here on supported cameras for the driver. Based on that post, I created registry entries for each camera shown below (but I don't have them all to try). The WebCam subproject I described in another post here should install this for you if you are doing CE builds. It is possible that the numbers are off. You can also get the numbers from attaching the camera to a desktop PC and checking the PC's registry.

;
; USB Webcam registry settings
;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\Video_Class
"Prefix"="CAM"
"Dll"="Webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2241\Default\Default\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2242\Default\Default\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2245\Default\Default\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2249\Default\Default\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\Default\Default\14\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2448\Default\14\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2449\Default\14\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2450\Default\14\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2452\Default\14\Video_Class
"DLL"="webcam.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\LoadClients\1133_2497\Default\14\Video_Class