What web Cams are supported

Mar 13, 2008 at 3:42 PM
I want to try out this driver but I'm having difficulty finding the pro 5000 series web cam - I know this driver supports other cameras but I wanted to know if there is a recommended camera that is in the market now (has anyone tried it on the QuickCam Pro 9000 or QuickCam Communicate STX)?

thanks
J
Mar 13, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Yes, Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 works fine with WebCam.dll. I have that web cam.

Other people have tested those Logitech web Cam's also:

046d:0990 Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000
046d:0991 Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks (2007 model)
046d:0992 Logitech Quickcam Communicate Deluxe
046d:0994 Logitech Quickcam Orbit/Sphere AF

With best regards,
Dragan Kujovic
Mar 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM
The cameras belows are UVC cameras,
they all work with the driver.

PID Market Name
0x08C1 QuickCam Fusion
0x08C2 QuickCam Orbit MP
0x08C5 QuickCam Pro 5000
0x08C9 QuickCam Ultra Vision
0x0990 QuickCam Pro 9000
0x0991 QuickCam Pro for Notebooks
0x0992 QuickCam Communicate Deluxe
0x0994 QuickCam Orbit/Sphère AF
0x09C1 QuickCam Deluxe for Notebooks
Apr 1, 2008 at 3:39 AM
Has anyone noticed an improvement in the higher res frame rates achieved with the driver on any of the newer QuickCams?
I have several of the older Pro 5000s and wondered if the newer ones might work a bit better.

My new CE target device (eBox 4300) has 2.0 USB and a faster processor, but frame rates are still slow at high res.

I need to purchase some more cameras in any case.
Apr 22, 2008 at 4:10 PM
I think the the frame rates is not limited by the cameras, all the UVC cameras above can deliver a very high frame rate.
it's limited by the CE machine or driver. Compile the driver in release mode might improve also a little bit the speed.
Oct 29, 2008 at 2:11 PM
Has anyone got the Logitech E3500 and/or Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 / 3000 / 6000 cams working?
Oct 29, 2008 at 2:35 PM

I got the quickCam communicate deluxe working with the solution that I downloaded.

I had one issue with the image being very grainy, almost cartoonish and have not found the solution to this yet.

Jake

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:12 AM
To: Jake Lague
Subject: Re: What web Cams are supported [cewebcam:23967]

Has anyone got the Logitech E3500 and/or Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 / 3000 / 6000 cams working?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:38 PM

Might be the light levels – also turn it off and set to higher res at the lowest frame rate.

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:35 AM
To: hamblen@ece.gatech.edu

I got the quickCam communicate deluxe working with the solution that I downloaded.

I had one issue with the image being very grainy, almost cartoonish and have not found the solution to this yet.

Jake

Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:12 AM

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cewebcam@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:44 PM
Hi,

I have managed to get the Logitech E3500 working. Here is how:

Plug in camera
Initiliazie the camera
get the first stream frame, this will fail
shutdown the camera
initialize camera
get the first stream frame, this will now work

Camera will now work, I'm still figuring out why the very first call the GetFirstStreamFrame() fails

Regards
Mark

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Hi,

Re: my first post

The call to GetFirstStreamFrame() fails due to Error code 0x102 (WAIT_TIMEOUT)

This is easily fixed by increasing the timeout value to say 5000 (which is 500ms).
I previously used a value of 2000.

Regards
Mark
Dec 16, 2008 at 12:49 PM
Hi,

does this work with Logitec QuickCAM Express??? if anyone knows how to get it work please reply me...

Janitha
Dec 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM
I thinks normally it doesn't work, if it's not UVC (usb video class) Camera.
Dec 18, 2008 at 9:41 AM
does Philips SPC620 NC work with this application?? i tried with it........i can find the register entry using remote registry editor tool....but cnt get a proper preview on the screen of my cepc. if anyone have a camera application which works on directshow.
Mar 6, 2009 at 5:09 PM
A student here, Mark Whitmer, found this interesting link that lists USB web cameras that support UVC (ones that should/might work with CE driver?)

http://cowboyfrank.net/webcams/index.htm#revews

It is the cameras with the USB connector Icon. You would need to add the appropriate PID/VID entries for the camera to the registry. It lists several more than the traditional Logitech ones that have been listed here in the past.
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Only cams that use the Isochronous channel can use this driver and not the ones that use Bulk. Luckily most cams use the Isoch channel.
Jul 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I have a QuickCam for Notebooks  NOT  a QuickCam PRO for Notebooks.

Will the driver work with this webcam?

THANKS

Dirk

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I tried it on the quick cam communicate deluxe and it worked out of the box, based on the threads I read in the past the pro should work the same way without modification.

Regards,

Jake

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:26 AM

I have a QuickCam for Notebooks NOT a QuickCam PRO for Notebooks.

Will the driver work with this webcam?

THANKS

Dirk

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I connected the webcam to the USB, entered the name of the driver for this unknown usb device (webcam.dll) bu tI always get the error message "Error installing USB driver.

What am I doing wrong?

THANKS

Dirk

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I have not tried that model camera but you need the device’s USB PID/VID entries in the registry to match up automatically. The camera must support the USB video standard for the driver to work. You can get the PID/VID by running it on a desktop PC and finding the registry entry.

Typing in the driver filename for the unknown device should work so perhaps there is new firmware in the camera that the USB webcam driver does not like.

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:34 AM
To: hamblen@ece.gatech.edu

I connected the webcam to the USB, entered the name of the driver for this unknown usb device (webcam.dll) bu tI always get the error message "Error installing USB driver.

What am I doing wrong?

THANKS

Dirk

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:34 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM
You can also get the detail information of USB device by UVCView

UVCView — 
USB device descriptor examination tool with special support for USB Video Class.

http://www.quickcamteam.net/software/windows
Apr 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I just got several brand new Logitech webcams (the Quickcam Pro 9000 model). The new ones do not work with the driver, but the old ones I had with the same model numbers do. Might be the same for all Logitech cameras – they must have some new firmware in them. It generates an IOCTL display format not supported dialog box, when camtest2 starts and locks up. If you plug in one of the older 9000s everything works fine.

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM

hello,

will this work with windows mobile 6.5.3?

thanks

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm implementing a cheap surveillance system which uses eBox2300SX and Webcam. Has someone tried with Logitech C120 in Windows CE 6.0? This webcam is a very cheap UVC camera.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks !

May 22, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Edited May 22, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I just have a try .But it can't work. The camera what I used is Logitech C110. There is the error information:

USBCAM: USBDeviceAttach++
USBCAM: ParseStreamInterfaces++
USBCAM: Looking for Ctl IF 14 1 and Stream IF 14 2
USBCAM: Found 5 stream interfaces. ID 1
USBCAM: ParseStreamInterfaces--
USBCAM: ParseFeatureParameters++
USBCAM: ParseFeatureParameters--

USBCAM: USBDeviceAttach--
Platform Type : SMDK6410

USBCAM: Error calling IssueVendorTransfer rc: 31  ExtErr: 31
USBCAM: Error reading power setting from camera rc 31
USBCAM: Error set camera power rc 31
***CAM: DeviceIoControl IOCTL_CAMERA_DEVICE_GETVIDEOFORMAT returned 1 0
Error calling pdd_GetFormatParameters rc -3
***CAM: DeviceIoControl IOCTL_CAMERA_DEVICE_GETVIDEOFORMAT returned 0 87
***CAM: Failure to get format data rc = 87
***CAM: nFmtCount 9
***CAM: Format       7
***CAM: dwWidth      160
***CAM: dwHeight     120
***CAM: dwMaxBuff    57600
***CAM: nNumInterval 2
***CAM: StartVideoStream++
USBCAM: Error getting inc value. rc 31
USBCAM: Error getting inc value. rc 31
USBCAM: Probe/Commit failed.  Not enough bandwidth for Fmt: 2  Frm: 5
***CAM: DeviceIoControl IOCTL_CAMERA_DEVICE_STARTVIDEOSTREAM returned 0.  dwBytes:0.  rc:31
***CAM: failure calling IOCTL_CAMERA_DEVICE_STARTVIDEOSTREAM rc 31
***CAM: StartVideoStream--
USBCAM: Error set camera power rc 31
USBCAM: Driver closed with active stream running!  Stop stream before closing