Webcam Help!

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:22 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Hi,

I am trying to get the webcam working with eBox 4300, I have installed USB cam driver from this site and I am trying to build the OS with the webcam subproject from the GeorgiaTech web site. So once include the webcam subproject do i need to add any more additional components to support the build or a regular build with induatrial device and internet compliance is sufficient.

Thanks in advance

Plz help

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Update on the build!

added the webcam subproject

build successful 0 errors XX warnings

but when i attach the device , after the download is complete nothing appears on the desktop its just blank no icons no nothing

did i miss something?

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Hi, i'm trying to do the same, im using ebox4300 and WinCE 6.0 R3 and i want to know how use a usb webcam, for both: web (video) and local view (video/photo). i installed the driver of microsoft cuz i didnt know how to install the driver provided by this page. could you helpme. what i need to do? i am completly lost, well not so much, the driver works, but nothing happend i cant watch anything. i dont have a software to do that, but it supposed to be like winXP that you connect the webcam and appears an icon of "get image from scanner of a webcam" or something like that, but in WinCE doesnt.

please help me.

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Thanks for the help guys I got it working the frame rate is a bit slow but its working(thats imp) i tried including the MJPEG compression filter but it keeps giving errors during the build donno why couldn't really get past that one.  I am still having issues with getting the COM port to respond properly so that i can control the robot, the funny thing is i worked with the serial port before and it worked perfect now its acting up.

I am trying to get one of the example apps from roboticsconnection to work i get the following errors

'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\documents and settings\xxxxxx\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\trax_serv\trax_serv\bin\debug\Trax_Serv.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'System.dll', No symbols loaded.
'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\program files\roboticsconnection\serializerlib\RoboticsConnection.Serializer.CompactFramework.dll', No symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in System.dll

any idea wht might be going wrong. i double checked the references everything seems to be in order. plz let me know if i am missing something.

the second test gave some diff errors

'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.

'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\documents and settings\xxxxxx\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\trax_serv\trax_serv\bin\debug\Trax_Serv.exe', Symbols loaded.

'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'System.dll', No symbols loaded.'Trax_Serv.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'c:\program files\roboticsconnection\serializerlib\RoboticsConnection.Serializer.CompactFramework.dll', No symbols loaded.

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in System.dll

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM
lordjanus wrote:

Hi, i'm trying to do the same, im using ebox4300 and WinCE 6.0 R3 and i want to know how use a usb webcam, for both: web (video) and local view (video/photo). i installed the driver of microsoft cuz i didnt know how to install the driver provided by this page. could you helpme. what i need to do? i am completly lost, well not so much, the driver works, but nothing happend i cant watch anything. i dont have a software to do that, but it supposed to be like winXP that you connect the webcam and appears an icon of "get image from scanner of a webcam" or something like that, but in WinCE doesnt.

please help me.

lordjanus i did not use the microsoft code for my webcam i used the one given on this site it works perfect. moreover the one from microsoft is a bit tricky to work with ( i'm assuming u are using the webcam project using timershot tool as reference ). Use the one on this one it works

Sep 10, 2010 at 6:30 AM
samccx27 wrote:
lordjanus wrote:

please help me.

lordjanus i did not use the microsoft code for my webcam i used the one given on this site it works perfect. moreover the one from microsoft is a bit tricky to work with ( i'm assuming u are using the webcam project using timershot tool as reference ). Use the one on this one it works

hi, could you post or send me, ehm like, a tutorial that explain step by step what did you do to install the driver or integrat it into the OS and how you test the camera? please,i really need your help thanks