cmd line control of webcam - need some help asap

Dec 1, 2007 at 3:11 PM
Hi,

What I need?

Take still pictures when an event is successful, without human intervention (i.e without someone clicking the button). I have written code in C#. In my opinion, some sort of command line would be the best in this case.

Can anyone please help me with this issue. A quick response is very much desired. Thanks a lot in advance.

Why?

I am doing a senior design project in electrical engineering. The project was to upgrade a vending machine by adding more functionality to it such as cashless purchases (student id cards and rfid cards), completely replace the control logic board (we are using the EBOX 2300 for this part), and also replace other modules such as the old vacuum display and the power board, etc. Basically, its a complete upgrade to a vending machine with remote web accessibility. Remote stock management, sales check, and user management are a few added features.

Important details!

I need to be able to take a picture of the user when the vending procedure is successful. The camera should also take pictures if there is any vandalism detected by use of an accelerometer.