Question about the plug of webcam and pda

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2007 at 7:28 PM
I have a very stupid question, I have a SPV M3100,with windows mobile 5.0. It has only a small usb plug(for charging, connection with pc, etc.) how can I connect it with the WebCam of logitech. Is there some sort of adaptor?? and if i connect the webcam, will the pda automatically pop up a window asking the driver??
some question for connecting the WebCam to HP pda(which has only his special HP kind plug )
Thanks a lot.
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2007 at 12:48 AM
That device only has a USB "Function" controller not a "Host" controller. USB devices are either function (a device) or a Host (a PC or such).

To plug in a webcam (which is a function device) you'll need a CE device that has as Host controller. Sorry.

Doug
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:08 PM
So do you mean that the normal pda phone(like SPV, HTC, Dopod or HP etc) are also just function device, and it's impossible to make connection between normal pda and webcam of logitech? Otherwise is it possible to make a normal pda have a host controller(by some software or whatever)?? or it's just something definitely impossible?
Looking forward to your answer and Thanks a lot.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Yes, in almost all current PDAs, there is a function contoller only. This is not a software thing, there are differences in function controller and host controllers. (Host controllers are more complex.) A simple software patch won't help.

Doug
Oct 16, 2007 at 9:17 AM
Thanks a lot.
Maoan